Find out the latest legal info on the Buelow Vetter Blog
U.S. Department of Labor Releases Updated FMLA Forms
The Department of Labor (DOL) has updated FMLA forms which expired on May 31, 2018. The DOL is required to submit its FMLA forms every three years to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for approval. The forms were last approved in 2015.
After expiration, they were extended on a month-to-month basis while OMB considered a three-year extension. OMB has approved the forms for three years, until August 2021. The only change to the forms is the expiration date. Nonetheless, employers who are using the forms should now use the new forms, which can be accessed on the DOL website. Here are the links to the forms with the new expiration dates.
- WH-380-E Certification of Health Care Provider for Employee’s Serious Health Condition (PDF)
- WH-380-F Certification of Health Care Provider for Family Member’s Serious Health Condition (PDF)
- WH-381 Notice of Eligibility and Rights & Responsibilities (PDF)
- WH-382 Designation Notice (PDF)
- WH-384 Certification of Qualifying Exigency For Military Family Leave (PDF)
- WH-385 Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of Current Servicemember — for Military Family Leave (PDF)
- WH-385-V Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of a Veteran for Military Caregiver Leave (PDF)
If you have any questions about FMLA, or other HR and personnel matters in your organization, please contact Susan Love at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-364-0255, or your Buelow Vetter attorney.