Mark L. Olson
Mark has over 30 years of experience representing school districts and municipalities in all aspects of labor and employment law. Mark serves as the chief negotiator in contract negotiations representing various school districts, cities, villages and towns, as well as advising clients on interest arbitration, contract interpretation and grievance arbitration, employee harassment and discrimination, wage and hour issues, personnel policies and procedures, prohibited practices and their prevention, and discipline and discharge.
Mark regularly represents school districts and municipalities in grievance arbitration and interest arbitration hearings, prohibited practice hearings before the WERC, and administrative hearings before state and federal agencies.
- JD, University of Michigan Law School
- Member, State Bars of Florida and Wisconsin
- Wisconsin School Attorneys Association
- Co-Chair, Constitutional Law Subcommittee, Local Government—Employment Section, ABA
- AV Preeminent rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell
- Fellow, College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
- Member of the Selection Committee, College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
- Chair, Public Sector Labor and Employment, American Bar Association
Up Close & Personal
Q: What is your favorite lawyer movie and why?
A: A Few Good Men. Jack Nicholson's performance says it all.
Q: Do you have a pet? What kind and what is its name?
A: Yes. I have a cat and a dog. Moose is a sheepdog and Natasha is an alley cat.
Q: What do you like to do outside of work?
A: Anything that involves a lot of adrenaline.
Q: What music would we find on your playlist?
A: Eagles, John Prine, and Johnny Cash.
Q: If you could take a six-month sabbatical, what would you do?
A: I would become a ski bum, cowboy, and biker, maybe all at once, maybe one at a time.
Q: What was your first job?
A: Wrangler on a ranch in Montana. That was the best job ever because I learned to drink and fight in western bars.
Q: What is your greatest personal accomplishment?
A: Earning a second degree black belt in tae kwon do.