Saveon D. Grenell
When complex and sensitive matters arise, clients deserve assurance that their concerns will be heard and attended to in a timely fashion. Saveon provides a personal and attentive level of support to the clients he represents. His practice focuses on representing municipalities, public and private schools, and private employers in all aspects of labor and employment law.
Saveon frequently advises clients on preventative measures to common legal issues. However, when problems do arise, he is heavily involved in representing public and private employers in state and federal courts, and before state and federal administrative agencies for matters that require litigation services.
Saveon often assists clients in drafting policies and procedures, severance and settlement agreements, and advises them on issues such as harassment, discrimination, employee discipline and termination, and other human resources matters. He also helps clients by conducting investigations on matters pertaining to discrimination or harassment based on status in a protected class.
Prior to joining Buelow Vetter, Saveon was an Assistant City Attorney for the City of Milwaukee. While there he advised and represented several governmental departments throughout the city, including in matters that required litigation. He also worked for Milwaukee Public Schools where he engaged in labor negotiations, administered the employee handbook, heard and decided complaints and grievances, and advised directors and administrators on all labor and employment legal issues.
- JD, Thurgood Marshall School of Law
- BS – International Business, Bethune-Cookman University
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Bar admission, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Member, Wisconsin Association of African-American Lawyers
- Past Member, Former Board Director, State Bar of Wisconsin, Government Lawyers Division
- Member, Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- State Bar of Wisconsin Leadership Academy
- Member, Milwaukee Urban League Young Professionals
- Board Member and Chair of Economic Development Committee, The 30th Street Industrial Corridor
- Board Member, St. Anthony School
- Member, Task Force on Wisconsin Lawyer Well-Being
- Board Member and Education Committee Member, Jewish Museum Milwaukee
- Fellow, Wisconsin Law Foundation
- Member, American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section
- Member, Wisconsin School Attorneys Association
- Co-Editor, Bloomberg Law Wisconsin State Wage & Hour Treatise (2021 – Present)
Up Close & Personal
Q: What do you like most about your job?
A: Interacting with clients and helping them solve problems. In our profession, you have to be an active listener, so being able to really pay attention to a client's needs and help them navigate complex issues is fulfilling.
Q: What is your favorite thing about living in Wisconsin?
A: I get to experience all the seasons. Although it sometimes feels like we skip from winter to summer. And, it is beautiful here in the summer time.
Q: What music would we find on your playlist?
A: Some of everything. I'm talking anything from Prince and Dave Matthews Band to Kanye West and Jesus Culture. Honestly, if it sounds good, I'll probably listen to it.
Q: If you could take a six-month sabbatical, what would you do?
A: I would likely move to Japan and immerse myself in the culture. While there, I would try to learn as much Japanese as I could.
Q: What do you do for fun?
A: I read, travel, exercise, golf when I get the chance, and hang out with family and friends.
Q: Name one of your athletic accomplishments.
A: I currently hold the 4th fastest time in Wauwatosa West school history for the 110-meter hurdles.
Q: What is your favorite quote and why?
A: "If I had the gift of prophesy, and if I understood all of God's secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn't love others, I would be nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:2. This is my favorite quote because it embodies a core value of mine, which is to truly love and respect others to the best of my ability because if I can do that, I really have accomplished something meaningful.