Saveon D. Grenell
Saveon represents municipalities and public school clients in employment and labor law, as well as litigation. He is an experienced litigator, coming to Buelow Vetter from his role as an Assistant City Attorney for the City of Milwaukee. He also served Milwaukee Public Schools in labor negotiations, employee discipline and other employment law matters.
- JD, Thurgood Marshall School of Law
- BS – International Business, Bethune-Cookman University
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Bar admission, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Member, Wisconsin Association of African-American Lawyers
- Past Member, Former Board Director, State Bar of Wisconsin, Government Lawyers Division
- Board Member, ArtWorks for Milwaukee, Inc.
- Board Member, Purpose University, Inc.
- Member, Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- State Bar of Wisconsin Leadership Academy
Up Close & Personal
Q: What do you like most about your job?
A: Interacting with clients and helping them solve problems. In our profession, you have to be an active listener, so being able to really pay attention to a client's needs and help them navigate complex issues is fulfilling.
Q: What is your favorite thing about living in Wisconsin?
A: I get to experience all the seasons. Although it sometimes feels like we skip from winter to summer. And, it is beautiful here in the summer time.
Q: What music would we find on your playlist?
A: Some of everything. I'm talking anything from Prince and Dave Matthews Band to Kanye West and Jesus Culture. Honestly, if it sounds good, I'll probably listen to it.
Q: If you could take a six-month sabbatical, what would you do?
A: I would likely move to Japan and immerse myself in the culture. While there, I would try to learn as much Japanese as I could.
Q: What do you do for fun?
A: I read, travel, exercise, golf when I get the chance, and hang out with family and friends.
Q: Name one of your athletic accomplishments.
A: I currently hold the 4th fastest time in Wauwatosa West school history for the 110-meter hurdles.
Q: What is your favorite quote and why?
A: "If I had the gift of prophesy, and if I understood all of God's secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn't love others, I would be nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:2. This is my favorite quote because it embodies a core value of mine, which is to truly love and respect others to the best of my ability because if I can do that, I really have accomplished something meaningful.