Mary S. Gerbig
Mary Gerbig serves as counsel to numerous school districts throughout Wisconsin on general school law, special education, and labor and employment matters. The primary client base she serves includes school districts, Cooperative Educational Service Agencies (CESA) and other municipal employers. She has extensive experience with Wisconsin school districts and the correlating regulatory agencies. She has represented school districts in numerous student special education and discrimination hearings and mediations under the Individuals with Disabilities Act (IDEA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Office for Civil Rights (OCR).
- Lawyer of Distinction, September 2018
- American Registry of Attorneys
- George Tipler Award, WSAA (2018)
- Fellow, Wisconsin Law Foundation (2012)
- Women in the Law, Wisconsin Law Journal (2011)
- Zilber Scholar, Marquette University Law School
- Member, Phi Kappa Phi
- Member, Alpha Sigma Nu
- Member, Fellows of the Wisconsin Law Foundation
- Member, Wisconsin Council of Administrators of Special Services
- Member and Past Board Member, Wisconsin School Attorneys Association
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, Seventh Circuit Bar Association
- Member, Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM)
- Member, American Bar Association
- Board Member, Wisconsin Youth Symphony Orchestras
- Past Board Member, Association of Wisconsin Symphony Orchestras
- Past President, Civic Symphony of Green Bay, Inc.
- Member, Middleton Community Orchestra
- JD, cum laude, Marquette University Law School
- BA with high honors, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Up Close & Personal
Q: Do you have children?
A: I have five children and they range from ages 36 to the baby who is 21.
Q: What do you like to do when you are not at work?
A: I am married to Bill, who is the greatest. We have a great life with a fantastic mix of family, Badger football and concerts.
Q: What music would we find on your playlist?
A: On any day of the week, I am listening to a range of classical and jazz music, with a good amount of Aretha Franklin in the mix.
Q: One thing that my clients do not know about me is…
A: I love classical music and am a musician. I still play flute and piano, and play in regional orchestras such as the Manitowoc Symphony and Middleton Symphony.