Christina A. Katt
Christina focuses her practice on representing private and public sector employers in all aspects of labor and employment law, general school law and litigation. She regularly counsels and assists clients with employee or student harassment, discrimination and misconduct investigations, FMLA issues, reasonable accommodation and disability discrimination issues, wage and hour issues, employee discipline, student discipline, public records/open meetings, employee and student handbooks, employer and school board policies, grievance arbitration, discrimination complaints, restrictive covenants and dismissal and severance agreements.
Additionally, Christina regularly defends employers in a variety of cases filed in state and federal courts or agencies, including claims arising out of wage and hour law violations, claims of harassment or discrimination, employment contracts, enforceability of non-compete clauses, and wrongful termination. She has successfully defended numerous private employers in discrimination charges before the EEOC and ERD, and has represented clients in administrative, state, and federal courts throughout the United States, including in Wisconsin and Illinois.
- JD, Marquette University Law School, Thomas More Scholarship
- BA, Calvin College
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, Association of Women Lawyers
- Bar Admissions
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois