Kathleen M. Helker
Kate has over 30 years of experience as a legal secretary. She describes herself as a jack-of-all-trades, having done work for attorneys practicing in corporate, estate planning, probate, tax, litigation, and most recently, labor and employment and school law.
Up Close & Personal
- Q:What is your favorite lawyer movie and why?
A:The Firm. I want to play the part made famous by Holly Hunter; she copied records to assist in blowing the whistle on ethical violations—shame on that firm. Oh yeah, and I would not mind working with Tom Cruise and Gene Hackman.
- Q:Do you have a pet? What kind of pet and what is its name?
A:Just recently we had to put our second Golden Retriever down, and we are currently on a waiting list for Golden #3. Puppy Training 101 is just around the corner.
- Q:Do you have children? Tell us about them.
A:I have one son, Joe. He recently graduated from the San Diego Golf Academy. Joe enjoys the game of golf – teaching private lessons in his spare time, and most recently is the Bar Manager at Kim’s Gourmet Pizza Pub in Stonebank.
- Q:What is your favorite thing to do on the weekends?
A:House work – just kidding! Get together with my best friend, cook and drink a “little” wine, just like Julia Child did. And, when the weather is sunny and warm, boating with family and friends on Pewaukee Lake.
- Q:What is your favorite vacation destination?
A:It is a long flight, but Maui, Hawaii.
- Q:What music would we find on your playlist?
A:Prince, formerly known as the Artist.
- Q:What do you like most about your job?